While we might focus on the serious issue of barking much of the time here at Dogbarkstop, there’s still plenty of room for fun and games.
And what more of a fun time to get your canine family member(s) involved than Halloween!?
Halloween 2017 is almost upon us, so if you haven’t thought about what special outfit your dog(s) will be sporting this year, now is the time!
It’s not just humans who get to attract attention with outlandish outfits at Halloween. More than ever before, dogs are catered for very generously when it comes to awesome costumes and accessories. There are so many cool, funny, cute, and just plain silly outfit and accessories for dogs out there (not just for Halloween, but any time of year) that it would be seriously hard to decide which one to buy if you only have one dog – not that you couldn’t buy more than one and play dress-ups at any time of year just for fun.
We’ve looked at everything that’s out there this year in dog costume land (and boy are there a lot), and have come up with some real goodies that your dog, no matter what size or breed, will be sure to turn heads in when Halloween night rolls around (or just any time of year really). All of the images are clickable so you can visit each product page to see more images, available sizes and current pricing.
These outfits are designed especially for Halloween.
- Body suit and matching hat (complete with chin strap so it won’t fall off)
- This is a soft, cuddly outfit that is shaped like a real pumpkin; not body hugging
- Available in sizes X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
- Sizes available for almost every sized dog
- Includes a cape and devil horns – both with shiny sparkly sequins
- Both head piece and cape are adjustable to perfectly fit your dog
- Available in X-Small, Small, Medium, Large and X-Large
- Skeleton glows in the dark
- High quality full body (back) suit, fitted, matching hat + holes for ears
- Easy storage with the supplied bag
- Cotton material – easy to machine wash
- Sizes X-Small, Small, Medium, Large, X-Large. Also available in pink
- Backpack style pumpkin – good for dogs who don’t want a costume that reaches the tail
- Puffy stuffed pumpkin for that realistic look
- Fast easy velcro attachment at the front
- Available only in X-Small, Small and Medium
Yet Another Pumpkin
- Tighter fitting and no cap – good choice for active dogs
- Warm – made of polar fleece and velvet
- Secured with a button; fast and easy to put on and off
- Sizes XS – XXL
- Available in Orange and Yellow
LED Light-up Dress
- Feminine ruffled skirt design
- Back of dress has a bat and moon logo that grabs attention with LED lights
- Also available in sleeveless Purple with LED jack-o-lantern lights
- “So cute it’s scary” 🙂
- Available in Small, Medium, Large, X-Large, XX-Large
- Bat headpiece with ears and strap-on bat wings
- Goes on with straps and fasteners – easy to take on and off
- Velcro fastener on the headpiece keeps it in place
- Tip: getting a size up allows you to adjust the strap
- Available in X-Small, Small, Medium, Large
- Splitting image of Nightmare on Elm Street’s Freddy Krueger
- Freddy hat, sweater and even the famous glove is included
- Hat stays secure with a strap
- Sweater is stretchy for maximum comfort and breathability
- Dress shimmers in the light with sequins, closes with velcro across chest for easy dressing and removal
- Hat has earholes for max comfort, plus a strap to keep it secure
- Made with 100% polyester and can be spot cleaned
- Available in X-Small up to X-Large sizes
Costumes For Any Time Of Year
That’s not to say that any of the cute and cuddly Halloween themed outfits above aren’t fit to be worn throughout the year, but there are tons of others out there covering every theme imaginable. So I’ve really dug through what’s out there to display the coolest ones here. I’ll probably update this list regularly as I find new designs and themes.
Hot Dog With Mustard
Hot Dog With Mustard 2
Hot Dog With Mustard 3
Star Wars Collection
- Gives your dog a two-legged appearance!
- Official Star Wars licensed Yoda dog costume
- 7 Sizes: XS – XXXL. Check size chart for your dog
- Suitable breed size range is from puppies and tiny teacup dogs, up to German Sherpherds/li>
- Two piece costume: head and body pieces are separate
- Body piece adjusts with velcro under the dog’s chest
Doggy Superheroes & Movie Stars
Batman Brave and the Bold
- The official Batman The Brave and The Bold dog costume – approved by and made with Warner Bros!
- Put it on your dog through his/her front legs for a comfortable fit
- Comes with a chest piece, cape, head piece and funky arm attachments
- Made by top quality dog costume company Rubie’s
- Sizes: Small, Medium, Large, Extra Large. Suitable for most breeds in size from Chihuahuas to Bulldogs
What’s it like to be an octopus for a day? Or a giant spider? How ’bout a giraffe or a lion? Your dog can soon find out….
From 4 legs to 12 (well, sorta). No dog will be ignored in these creepy but considerably cute spider costumes.
Lion Mane 2
Zebra Dog Costume
- Realistic zebra design – even includes mane/mohawk!
- 4 sizes: Extra Small, Small, Medium & Large
- Suitable approx. for dogs breeds sized from Maltese up to small Boxers & Labradors (measure your dog using the supplied chart)
- Soft & comfortable material
- Made up of 2 pieces: the head piece (with velcro strap) and bodysuit. So if your dog prefers not to wear the head piece, he can still have a zebra body.
Hula Dancer 2
Who hasn’t always wanted to dress their dog up as a crayon?
Measuring Your Dog’s Size
In most cases, small, medium, large or X-large will work for the majority of breeds and individual dogs. But if you want to be really accurate and certain that you’re getting exactly the right fit for your dog – particularly if he or she is under or over the average weight and size for her breed, or an unusual mixed breed, then it can be worth taking some simple measurements.
There are just three spots you should focus on: length of the dog from the base of the neck to the base of the tail, the chest girth around the ribs (use ribbon or a tape measure), and the neck width (also measured using ribbon or a tape measure).